Period of maturation intended to impart "condition"(natural carbonation). Warm conditioning further develops the complex of flavors. Cold conditioning imparts a clean, round taste. Also referred to as aging.
Once again, life has impeded on my brewing endeavours. My sincerest apologies, and here's the low down:
- I have two special needs kids (my son is autistic, my daughter has Erb's Palsy. Helluva hand I have been dealt, but oh wait, it gets better)
- My wife has been diagnosed with Celiac Disease.
- 40 hour workweek? I only wish for such a Godsend.
- It's nearly summertime. In Montana. I'm too cheap to run the AC 24/7. I've also yet to get the brewing fridge moved over here (hoping against hope that this gets accomplished this weekend).
- Web design and data entry.
So, I'm at a bit of a standstill. 10 gallons of beer still need to be bottled. My sister in law will be up this weekend, perhaps I can coerce her into helping with bottling at least one carboy as she and her husband are homebrewers as well.. We'll just have to wait and see.